The Alvis TA 14 was the first car to be produced by Alvis cars after World War II.
|Date of manufacture:||1948|
|Production Years:||1946 – 1950|
|Country of origin:||England, Coventry|
|Manufacturer:||Alvis Car and|
|Designer:||Engineering Company Ltd|
|Power Output:||65 bhp = 48 kW|
|Top Speed:||74 mph = 119 km/h|
The car was available as a four door Saloon by Mulliners of Birmingham but there were also Tickford and Carbodies drophead versions. The bodies were mounted on an updated pre war Alvis 12/70 chassis that was widened and lengthened but retained the non-independent leaf spring suspension and mechanically operated brakes. Disc wheels replaced the 12/70s wires.
The 1892 cc engine is a slightly larger bore version of the one used in the 12/70 and produced 65 bhp (48 kW). It is fitted with a single SU type H4 1½ in. horizontal carburettor.
The top speed is around 74 mph (119 km/h) and acceleration from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 22.2 seconds.